The Practice aims to provide patient-centred, professional, accessible, high quality, comprehensive healthcare services inspiring confidence in our patients and our community. The practice aspires to provide high quality, safe, personalised care using an integrated and forward-thinking approach while supporting and developing its people, allowing them to grow and reach their full potential, thus ensuring they are ideally placed to better serve our practice population.
To be an excellent practice for our patients, providing a positive experience and delivering excellent clinical outcomes.
Our Values are:
We are committed to providing High Quality Care to all users of our services and advocate best practice in the delivery of all services. We aim to be considerate and responsive to the needs of our patients, and through open, transparent and inclusive communication aim to provide consistently high levels of service.
To achieve this we will:
- Listen to and understand the needs of our patients.
- Provide an environment which is clean, safe and welcoming without discrimination.
- Work as a practice in accordance with national guidelines
- Work in within our neighbourhood, places and at system level across the wider healthcare environment to deliver innovative healthcare solutions.
- Remain caring, friendly and open with all our, patients, staff and wider health and social care partners in delivering better patient-centred care for patients.
- Provide appropriate (face to face, virtual or telephone triage) appointments for patients requiring medical attention making the service accessible to the widest population base that we serve.
- Utilise available technology to enable all our clinical staff to respond effectively to your healthcare needs and embrace change and innovative thinking whilst ensuring good governance and security of data and communication.
- Ensure we maintain a motivated, qualified, and well-trained workforce who take pride in the care we provide for our patients.
- To support, nurture and care for our staff in a way that helps them to further their careers within the practice and wider NHS.
- Support training for clinical and non-clinical staff encouraging Continuous Professional Development.
- Work jointly with the patient group to communicate change and receive constructive feedback and observation.
- Respond quickly and pro-actively to any concerns raised regarding our service
- Ensure that NHS resources are used effectively and efficiently
The practice is driven by an ethos of providing outstanding, quality and safe services to our patients built around the needs of the local practice population. We see ourselves as partners bridging the gap between the aspirations of population health as envisaged by the ICB, by working in partnership with health and social care providers in our neighbourhood to provide effective, patient-centred care to the individual patients seen in our practice.
We have internalized the six key principles of the NHS constitution
- Working together for patients.
- Respect and dignity.
- Commitment to quality of care.
- Improving lives.
- Everyone counts.
which empower our practice to remain a key player in the local health economy, discharging our responsibilities, and maintaining effective working relationships with other providers, and strategic partners at local regional and national level, including the wider NHS and Public Health.
Our well-established PPG group ensure we remain connected to our patient voice and user feedback to ensure that the ethos of ‘no decision about me, without me’ approach in providing, reviewing and developing our service offer.
The practice remains forward thinking, working at the leading edge of service delivery and makes full utility of new opportunities and developments to improve our service provision, to improve and enhance the service we offer our patients. The same approach extends to the continued development of our practice team, utilizing the latest digital platforms, add on clinical support services (e.g. Accurx) to facilitate improved access, e.g online appointment booking , online access to health records, EPS, eRD and video consultation.
The Practice prides itself on fostering open and transparent communication channels allowing for excellent information sharing, actively delivering timely, effective two-way flow of communication throughout the practice team.
The practice sees home grown talent and staff development as a bedrock that drives our success. We understand the importance of ongoing training, education and personal development as contributing to staff retention and satisfaction, bringing further benefits for our patients. We are a training practice for Foundation Year, GP Registrars, Student Nurses which ensures our currency with regard to the latest practice, but also allows us to reflect on our own performance and ensure we provide a positive, aspirational example of the difference primary care can make to patient outcomes. We aim to deliver a quality service for our patients by treating every patient as an individual, fully respecting the patient’s needs and views. We offer a full range of primary care services.
We aim to deliver high quality evidenced based primary care services that provide the patients with the best outcomes, based on Operational Efficiency, Clinical Excellence, and the Multidisciplinary Team approach.
We offer our patients a full range of appointments options to meet the patients needs i.e. on the day, telephone advice, pre-bookable , late evening and Saturday morning clinics and also participate in the extended access program.
The practice welcomes positive and negative feedback, seeing these as opportunities to consolidate and celebrate good practice, review and improve practice where it may be seen as wanting, resulting in a continuous improvement cycle to the benefit of our patients. The practice follows the NHS complaints procedure.
Above all, our feedback formal and informal from trainees, work placements, staff and patients recognize our strength as a a warm and welcoming practice, with stable workforce, committed, caring staff.
The Medical Centre Group encompasses two sites; one at 10a Northumberland Court (Main Surgery), Grove Green Medical Centre (Branch Surgery).
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.